Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My age of High school

I lived my high school between 2005 and 2008. I went to Santa Cecilia high school in La Florida. It was a little place with 200 people and about 15 teachers. During the high school I discovered my love for the humanities and specific subjects like History and Philosophy. I loved History because I had a great teacher that made us think about the experiences that the people lived in other times. About philosophy I like it, but not in the way of History. The philosphy teacher was an unstable person so I didn`t learn in a constant way. In that time I understood that you couldn`t focus in one area of kwnoledge so I started to feel interest in Maths. I really love Maths because you don`t have to think, it is all very mechanic. That is what I love because it is like a form to relax myself. My school wasn`t very good in technology , we had only 3 computers and one big screen for all the school. Also the overhead projectorwas always in bad conditions, we could never use it. My theachers in a general way were very good professionals but like every place there are people that are not very kind. I had a teacher that was very lazy, he never wanted to do class and he only liked football. My school didn`t affect my dessicions in life later on because they never taught me about Anthropology or never mentioned it. I think that my dessicions depended on other persons that I met during that time. I met an anthropologist that showed me everything that we could do for the people.
To make better our education system I would propose structural changes like improving the training of teachers and finding a way to ensure that the person who is going to be a teacher really likes it. Also we have to change the way of teaching the present subjects, we have to make students think, not only repeat thing by heart. They have to find solutions, to make things and use his or her imagination. Also about this topic we have to think in the responsability of every person in her or his own education because if we don`t want to study any person can make us change. But it is true that we can learn tol ove studying from a very young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment