Tuesday, September 7, 2010

That horrible image...



The last piece of news that I heard and surprised me was that “Café Torres” gave to the president Sebastián Piñera the "honor" to have a sandwich with his name. The name of the sandwich is “el sandwich Piñera”. It happened yesterday in a ceremony for the Bicentenary at the “Café Torres”. The people there were the diplomatic corps of Chile; they were there to make a toast for the bicentenary with the president. The shocking part for me is that Piñera is not a good person and he doesn`t deserve all the popularity that he is having. Also I think that it is like giving him more reasons increase his ego, he thinks that he is an important person and I don`t agree. I think that this piece of news is not so important but for the people who know “Café Torres” it would be terrible because it is known as a place where the intellectual people go, so to have a sandwich with that name could make a reflection of the change that the intellectuals are living in Chile. Besides I think that Piñera is becoming a cultural referent very important and it is not very good because he reflects values that are not the right ones. He is not a sincere person. I would like to hear some news about more cultural projects because I think that the Chilean people have to do more things for their own and not to depend on the state. We can create a great city with a cultural population movement, not with public figure like mister Piñera who wants to impose his way of being.

2 comments:

  1. I hate him! he is always faking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JAJAJAJAja. but i think that maeby his is the owner of the cafe and maeby he needs the popularity more than anyone!.

    ReplyDelete